My son's father is lazy when it comes to helping out with his son and I've been doing it by myself for the past five years,everytime he comes over on the weekends it's all about him and what I should let him do as a man.My son needs a father who'll spend time with him not disappear and go watch the basketball game,what should I do about this situation because I'd rather he stay at home and be comfortable since I'm no9t with hi here?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 3:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• make him pay child support whether or not he comes to visit his child. it's his responsibility to help with the finances for the child (including shelter). that way you don't feel like you're doing it "all on your own." he's at least helping with that. and don't try to make him spend time with his kid if all he's going to do is bitch about it. no one will be happy in that situation! you'll be mad bc he's being a jerk, he'll be mad bc you're bullying him to spend time with him and your son will be confused and upset that no one care's about his feelings enough to stop fighting and take him to the park or something.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2010