Problem over where to move

Me and my dh are approaching being "empty nesters" this summer. Our last child(his from earlier marriage), will be graduating. A few years ago we talked and I said I would be interested in moving to a different state after our kids were gone. He put his foot down and said he won't move from where we currently live, he likes it too much. Now that his daughter has decided she wants to attend college in England(her mom, his ex wife, is going with her), he has decided he's now willing for us to move- to England! Not what I had in mind when moving- only wanted to relocate to a different state, not a different country! Now I'm putting my foot down and saying, no way. This is not his only child, so I am wondering why he would choose to follow his child, and not want to discuss and move places with me, his wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldnt uproot my life just because she is going to college, what if she comes back here afterwards? Dh and I have always said we will wait to see where our children settle then decide based on what puts us closest to all of them, or centrally located.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2010