do u think i would win in court?sold sister a car

long story short, i sold a blazer we paid 4 grand for to my sister for 2500. we only had a verbl agrement.i gave her the papers saying how much we paid for it and where we got it from.she has paid 700 through money order (100 a month)so it would be on our bank statment.then stoped sending anything and stoped talking to me. if i took her to court with our bank statment and how much we paid for the car do u thiink i could get som of the money back?she hasnt paid me anything or talked to me in almost 9 months but keeps telling my other siblings she is going to send me something out of her taxes,but still hasnt yet.i even told her she could send 20 dolars anything as long as there is a payment.

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 3:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They would probably do something about it if you have some written proof that she agreed to pay a certain amount for it. You have bank statements and witnesses that she only paid a certain amount but do you have proof that she ever agreed to pay more than that?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• It is your fault to have allowed too much time to go by if she didn't call you should have called but she shouldn't have never stop calling you if she is going to pay you during tax season I would be expecting the remaining balance too much time has gone by for her to pay you. If she doesnt deal with it the best way you can but if you take her to court you do have all the evidence so it is up to you. But wouldn't it cost you money to take her to court, if so that is defeating the purpose. (I never had to do court so I wouldn't know) GL Just continue to be civil about and all will work out....GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• First rule of business is never do business with family! With that said, you could win in small claims court - maybe. If you can find anyone, someone, doesn't matter who, who can verify what you said and that she agreed to pay that amount, then you MIGHT be able to win. Just because you are right doesn't mean you will win in court - always remember that. In the future, always get things in writing.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• yes you can win in small claims court

Answer by admckenzie at 5:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Is $1800 worth causing a rift in your family? Think about it long and hard.

You would probably win in court though.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2010