If you had to evacuate and had two hours to prep everything what would you take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• People, pets, important papers, food/drink, any cash, clothes, hubby's guitar (its sentimental to him), and computers. Granted I don't think it would take two hours to gather all of that up.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• kuriequinn said mine, plus I'd also take our pictures, and some snacks :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My family, clothing, a few toys, important documents, pictures, scriptures, phone book, food, camping gear, cash.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• all the important stuff listed above and then any extra things i can manage to grab and fit in my car in that amount of time. i would have to say i would probably want to take a lot of books if i had room. ha ha. i dont know though. depending on what type of evac it was i might take different things. if i thought i would never see my stuff ever again, i might take some things that i wouldnt if i thought we would be able to come back and our things be okay.
    Anonymous

• kuriequinn said it. People, pets, food, important papers, computers, cash, clothes in that order. Then, if I could get more in that time I would grab whatever I could.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I live in a hurricane prone area so this is a realistic question. A few years ago we had a nasty #5 hurricane headed for us so I scanned all my pix to disk. Now I have them on disk and thumb drive. My computer guy says to remove the hard drive and leave the tower and monitor so that's a simple task. My important papers are in a safe. I'd take my cell phone, the charger, a flash light /radio that runs on winding it up. I'd take a soft sided suitcase of clothes and my breathing machine. Since I live alone I don't need to gather people but I'd get my wallet and some bottled water. My biggest problem is that I no longer have a car so I'd be sitting along side the highway hoping for a ride! lol SO is in the military so he's always called to duty during evacuations.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• First thing I would do is through the kids in the car and take both vehicles to the gas station to fill them up before the line got horrible.

Then I would gather the following:

Pictures, medical folders, my purse, the lap top, clothes for all of us, food, diaper bag, breast pump, as many of my kids toys as I could pack into both vehicles (there's no telling how long we'll be gone and there's no sence in hundreds of dollars or more going down the toliet), diapers, wipes, pull ups, and hygeine supplies. I would probably also put the baby's cradle in the back of our truck because although it's insured it's irreplacable and has centimental value.

I can move pretty fast and accomplish a lot when I need to. If I had time I would also grab my wedding china.

The is insured and we'd replace it.

Anonymous

• all pictures, laptop, cat and cat supplies, as many clothes that i could take, phone, snacks, fiance's guns, shoes, money ect...
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• The motorhome. I can cram a bunch of stuff in that. It always has dishes, sheets, towels, tv, and stuff like that. I would grab my fireproof safe, my laptop, my pictures, our clothes, and all the food I could get out of the kitchen, hook the Samauri to the back with the bikes and off we would go.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• In 2 hours I could realistically move everything but my major furniture. I have 2 trucks a camper and a towing trailer. I would do my best to take it all.

Most important would be food, cash, clothes, some of my books, hubby's guns, quite a few of Bray's toys, dog, dog food, personal hygine products, first aid kit, gas cans (full), Comp tower, cell phone, chargers, a few of Bray's most important things, and anthing else that would fit.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2010