husband

Does your husband support your emotional well being??......I got a job ,,,,,trained 3 days and i am not taking it. The people and management are rude and friday i left crying . My DH is pissed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but my sanity is more important ,,I have 3 kids, one w. special needs!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Tell him to stop being a dick. Because that's what he's being. A real man supports his wife.
    Anonymous

• sometimes when you have to get a job because of finances, you really don't have a choice to be picky. your going to find you get jobs where the environment isn't that great or whatever it may be, but it is a paycheck. you go, you get in and do your job and you leave!!!!
    Anonymous

• You have to take care of yourself first to be able to take care of your family. Your dh should be more understanding, not all places of employment are for all people. Keep looking for a place that suits you.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 3:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My husband always tells me "Do what you want to do, because you are going to do it anyways." I had to quit a job once because of the stress and heartache it was giving me but I had another job lined up. I guess in your situation it really depends on how badly you needed the money.
    Anonymous

• my SO encouraged me to quit when i was having issues with my workplace. i didnt right away. i waited until i had something else/it got worse.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Lets get real ladies....if one of our husbands didn't like his job would we say, "aw honey, go ahead...quit if your not happy"? I would think MOST of our husbands would want to quit if we let them quit....
    In reality...they can't just quit because we depend on them. Where would we be without them?
    Anonymous

• Getting REAL: my SO wouldnt quit if he had to option. he enjoys working and providing for his family. if he had to quit he would make sure he had something else lined up.

And he encourages me to have a job i enjoy or at the very least am treated well.
    Anonymous

• sometimes when you have to get a job because of finances, you really don't have a choice to be picky. your going to find you get jobs where the environment isn't that great or whatever it may be, but it is a paycheck. you go, you get in and do your job and you leave!!!! +1000

HOW DARE YOU THROW AWAY A GOOD JOB BECAUSE OF PRIDE. THAT IS PURE SELFISHNESS. FIND ANOTHER JOB FIRST.

Anonymous

• if you need it i would say keep it and look until you find something else. if you dont need the money, then he is being ridiculous. however i do understand the emotional well being thing... ive had cruddy jobs but stuck it out til there was something else. ive had depression/anxiety/bipolar issues and still managed for at least a couple months.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Men think differently than we do. Your husband would not quit a job he felt was stressful because he knows he needs to provide for his family (and if he did he wouldn't be a good provider). So he's most likely not understanding why you did. Just keep looking for something else.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 4:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2010