what should i do...........?

My so tells me he has short term disability and cant remember anything that i tell him however when someone else tells him something he can remeber! i feel like it is just the fact that he dont want to listen to me. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I've always been told it's a choice to forget. Like if something isn't as important to you, are you really going to store it in your brain for later? NO lol So...it's a choice.
    Anonymous

• I used to make my ex repeat back to me what I said to him. He complained that I treated him like the kids and I said when he started remembering better than they do I won't ask him to do it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 4:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Anon :56, that is not always true. My husband suffered head trauma and has a lot of difficulty with his memory. A person with Alzheimers forgets things and it is not choice.

This situation, however sounds fishy to me. It sounds like he just wants to be an asshole. If he's not willing to write things down to help him remember things, or use a PDA to help himself and set up reminders, then I say he's lying. What kind of disability are we talking about here.
    Anonymous

• http://www.mendontlisten.com/
    Anonymous

• um hes being a jerk. kick him to the curb.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• back at anon 301.....I'm talking about people that haven't had that happen. Obviously someone who's had head trauma or a brain disease is not going to be able to remember in some capacity. I'm not that stupid. I'm talking about normal people.
    She said her son remembers things that other people tell him and not what she tells him. That's called selective hearing/remembering lol I think all kids try to pull that one.
    Anonymous

• oops and husbands. Mine doesn't!
    Anonymous

• according to him he says he has short term disability
    Anonymous

• Where did he get his diagnosis? Short term memory loss can be a serious symptom. Take him to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• my sig. other wont go! ive trying too get him help for 2 yrs now. hes bi polar, supposibly has short term mem. loss, never had any head trama, and is a compulsive lier!
    Anonymous