What can I do with a cornish hen?

It's just me and my 3 year old for dinner tonight, what can I do with a cornish hen? What are some of your favorite sides that are easy and kid friendly.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i put ranch powder Parmesan cheese and flour in a bag, seasonings and i run the hens under running water(to get them wet) then i put them in ziplock bags and shake em up and then put them in the oven for about 45 minutes, then make roasted potatoes with ranch powder or Parmesan cheese and drizzle olive oil and bake in oven, and then like corn
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• potatos and mac and cheese!
    you can do anything you want that you could do to a chicken.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I bake them at 350

first season them... anything will work, I like lemon pepper and salt. or Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb seasoning

then I baste them with butter

use a meat thermometer on the breast to check when it's done. I go with the same temp as chicken (mine has the meats listed on it so I can't tell you the exact temp.

you can also butterfly it first if you want it to cook a bit quicker.
    Anonymous

• O M G Alicia that sounds sooo good and I think I have all the ingredients! Thanks!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2010