OK Ladies be honest now! BY the way this is a TMI question! Do you feel that you are addicted to your sex toy? If so would you be willing to quit?

This is a question I ask because I am a Christian, trying to learn more and be more Christian like, and over the years having the same toy, I've just now started to feel wrong about even having one, and the fact that I'm married it started to ruin mine and My Husbands sexual relationship, which I felt so horrible about. And dreadful to the point where I couldn't even really focus on My normal daily life with My husband knowing that it bothered him so much, along with many other men out there! They feel replaced, just kind of how we would feel if they had a pocket toy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I went through the same thing years ago. He got standoffish after we lost our baby and I got stuff just to try to shange things up with us but he didnt want any part of it so I used stuff without him. But then we got back into the church and were taking our classes to get married in the church to make it more real and blessed and even though I had gotten attatched to using artificial pleasure, I gave it all up cuz my moral conscience got to me. So yes, I know you can give it all up after you get addicted. But it also helps to educate your man on your likes and dislikes in the bedroom. Worked for us.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Question: Can I Become Addicted to My Vibrator?
    Answer:
    Even before the famous Sex and the City episode where Charlotte gets a Rabbit Pearl vibratorand disappears for the entire episode (only to be “saved” by intervention), this was a common question.

The idea that one can become addicted to a vibrator, unfortunately, fits well with the most popular myths about sex toys. People who put sex toys down as being a substitute or replacement for a partner like to imagine that those of us who use sex toys end up sad and alone, talking to our sex toys at the end of the day, unable to find “real” sexual satisfaction with another human being.

Anonymous

• It's like getting rid of any other addiction. You have to make a choice, and day by day make a choice to not use it. If you want sex or pleasure, you have to turn to your husband. First step is to throw it out! If it's not there, you can't use it. Second, keep as busy as possible. Don't let your mind wander and start thinking about what you just threw away! Keep it up and it'll get better over time! Let your husband know so he can support you and encourage you through it!
    Anonymous

• Hmmm My DH has never felt replaced and it is something I dont normally use without him, it is part of foreplay but honestly my go to toy is a bullet that I can use with DH to enhance things. I always try to pick toys I know we will both enjoy. I have phallic shaped toys but they rarely get used. The ones I do have DH picked out.

If used properly they can enhance not ruin your marriage. Maybe you just need to switch what type your using let your DH help you pick one out, some men dont like the idea of a phallic shape in their bed lol and thats okay, Nothing gets resolved if you and your partner dont communicvate openly about the things you like and dislike. You have to talk completely open and honest with each other and be comfortable in that honesty to find what works for both of you.

No I am not addicted and yes I can stop using them if i wanted to, Thats why i dont use them everytime, that way i am not dependant on it
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2010