Taboo???

Is masturbation really a bad word? Some women think masturbation is right up there with killing. I think women who love themselves should be able to well....love themselves. If you don't love and touch your own body how can you expect anyone else to? According to Women's Magazine masturbation is good for you and inspires a healthier body image. I guess some of us just don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Health

• Yeah. I guess some of us don't get it. How can touching yourself make you feel better about yourself and give you a better body image?
    I belive you should love yourself....but not LOVE yourself....
    I think all of that is something meant for you and someone else to share with one another. That doesn't mean rely on that person to make you feel good about yourself...but you give of yourself, because you love that person.
    The things we as women need to get off of is that your body doesn't/shouldn't define who you are. I can feel bad about my body and still love myself.
    Anonymous

• A lot of people are against it for religious reasons, and it has been considered a dirty thing for a long time, and it is hard to change that view, I am sure in 15 years it will be normal for women the way that it is for men.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i think its dirty. eww
    treefroggreen

Answer by treefroggreen at 4:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I can't believe those words were even mentioned..*blushing*
    Rileyscute

Answer by Rileyscute at 4:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i HATE when people use religion as an answer. GOD HATES EVERYTHING.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I think some women should stop being prudes, join 2010, and try it. They don't know what they're even missing!
    And what are you supposed to do if you feel "horny" but don't have a man around? To me, touching yourself is much safer than just sleeping with anyone!
    Anonymous

• hey i think if you like to do it then do it, but if other's don't like don't knock them for knocking you. just enjoy yourself and let them have their reasons for not enjoying themselves. (if only they knew what they were missing!) i think it's really sad that some people get grossed out touching their own body, but they shouldn't be frowned out bc they just don't like something that you do.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I think some people need Vajazzling. Or a clue. Why wouldn't you touch your own body? Do you wash it with a pole or something? Does he wash it for you?
    aavinleilazora

Answer by aavinleilazora at 5:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• "I think some people need Vajazzling"

LMFAO!!! (I think I may be one of the only ones here to even get the reference)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I'm not sure. I blush when I say the word.. just like if I say pussy, cock, or dick. But I don't think of them as dirty.. I'm just not used to using them myself lol. I don't get offended by language only because words are just that WORDS.
    Masturbation is healthy and any physician will tell you the same. I think the people who don't like the word or the act must have some major family or religious issues. I masturbate about as much as a guy does! It's not dirty because I'm a clean person. I make sure I'm clean (both down there and my hands) and if I have any sort of infection.. masturbation will have to wait.. or be done in the shower :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2010