I have a friend... Can you help me out with this please...???!!!

I have a friend that is just so damn selfish and rude and inconsiderate..
I am going anon on this as she is part of this site..

Anyway she tells me yes lets do something we plann ALL WEEK and last min she shuts her phone off (or magicly it dies or some stupid bs) And the next day or so its im sorry im sorry.. this has happened EVERY weekend for the past 6 WEEKS. So I have given up. I guess i will talk to her eventualy but I highly doubt I am goinmg to plan anything with her again...
I just dont get it If you do not want to go why say you do and then bail on me last min? I have two kids and have to find a babysitter and when I get bailed on last min i still have to pay the sitter..
What would you do in my situation? Should i stop talking to her or should I just ride it out and forget it?
OMG i am sick of it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• http://thereasoner.com/articles/general/5-signs-of-narrow-minded-selfish-friends-that-can-hurt-you
    Anonymous

• You need to tell her how you feel, and that until she shows that you can trust her to not cost you money and time, you wont be doing things with her.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Ok, i'll be honest. I am one of these people. I don't know why I do it...I get excited about plans I make...say yes, and plan too...and then in the end it almost feels like I just dont' want to. Again, I don't know why. I end up bailing or not contacting my friend etc. I've done this a lot in my life, and I don't know why I do, but believe me, I feel like I've dissapointed a lot of people. I feel unreliable and my quality of life sucks.
    so all in all, dont' make plans with her. If you do, make it a spontaneous thing so she can't back out and don't hate her, just know she's not reliable.
    Anonymous

• does she have a boyfriend or anything? cause that might be the problem on why she's bailing....just a thought.
    Anonymous

• II am sort of like that. For me, it's because of social anxiety. Sometimes I want to do things with my friends, so I'll agree to go, but at the last minute, I get way too scared/nervous, so I back out.
    You might ask her if that's what her problem is, instead of ousting her altogether. She probably feels alone as it is.
    Anonymous