What do i do when Other moms dont listen??

OK i have a one year old! and this would be his 3rd time playing with my sister in laws three kids! They been Saying Nasty words and bad ones too! and they alose tell Aludts off and have no repect for them! i tryed talking to thire moms but she wont listen and she aways truneding me out! they alose gang up on my son and beat him up! they are two years and ones 5 years old! the five year old is the one that mostly dose all this! i dont want my son growing up with no repect or with a mouth! its not fair to the other kids! how can i slove this? with out bring the kids into this? I just want the mother to do something about it! can any other mothers help me im only 19 and im a newble to all this!!! thank you and im blessed by your help!! becky and mattie

onekid1990

Asked by onekid1990 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ladies 1st off it's kind of hard not to take her baby around realtives but with that being said you can correct your child if they are saying or doing any of those bad things and in front of your sister in law and the children and make sure your child knows everyday what is and what isn't acceptable to you. Watch them like a hawk.
    The best thing to do is to reinforce what you want for your child. You can not change another persons opinion on how they want to raise their children. See some of us on here agree with BF some don't some ERF while others don't you can not change someone you can only do your own self and be consistent. 19 is young but then I was 17 when I had my 1st. You can do it just remember to stay strong and keep your morals set. GL
    Anonymous

• I've thought about this a lot. Like when my child goes to school there will be all sorts of kids and peers around them doing things that we don't allow in our home. The best thing you can do is reinforce that those words and hitting etc are unacceptable, and if they do that sort of stuff they'll be in time out or whatever you do to discipline.
    I had a question though. Why is your 1 year old hanging out with a 3 and a 5 year old? They seem a little old to me to be playing with a 1 year old!
    Anonymous

• In this exact situation I would not allow my child to spend any time with them. They are hurting your baby, he is still a baby and they are hurting him. You need to not take him around them anymore at all, and if she won't keep them in control when you have to be around I would throw a fit, and deal with her kids for yourself. Protect your baby and screw everybody else.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• ANON did you miss the part where her baby is 1 and they pick on him? I don't care if they are relatives, it is easy to say no I am not coming over and you can't come over because I do not like the way your children behave and treat my son. If your sister wants to spend time with you and her nephew then she will get it under control, if not she doesn't care about your feelings or the safety of your son. The foul language can be dealt with easily but they could seriously harm him and that is a deal breaker.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Keep your child away from them until their mother learns to be a better parent.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Stay away from them!!! That's a no-brainer!
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much everone! im blessed by your help an That frist one Becuase there my sister in law kids i cant take a childs family away! but yes thank you and your all right about it! I just dont want my kid geting hurt! and I dont want my kid growing up with no repect for others kids or Aludts! thank you so much
    onekid1990

Answer by onekid1990 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2010