Do you hate being harassed by overzealous group admins or owners?

Yes, I'm going to be a chicken and post anonymously. I enjoy cafemom and the many groups I am in. I just don't have time to post every day. I get a few minutes to myself here and there and will pop into my groups randomly to see what's going on, have a laugh, or check out the latest pics posted. I may not have time to comment or create any new ones. I try to interact at least weekly in most of them. It's an online group-no one's life is at stake by my lack of interaction! I don't like being harassed or called a troll. (I thought trolls caused trouble. I don't cause trouble!) I don't consider myself a "lurker" either because I do interact sometimes. Anyone else feel annoyed by overzealous group owners or admins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes, some are kind of nasty! It just makes me want to leave the group. Hey, that's probably their point in doing it!
    Anonymous

• They're just trying to keep their groups active. I don't think it's personal.
    AzDesertBlossom

Answer by AzDesertBlossom at 5:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I've never been in your position. I'm on every day, very active as far as replying, occasionally posting, but most of my groups I "lurk" in...my defense is the groups are extremely slow and they're just...idk... . I've never had anyone say "speak up or get out" or anything like that, or tell me to be more active/quit lurking, just the basic bulletins to everyone in the group on rare occasion. Sounds like you're in some snarky groups if you're dealing with that!
    Anonymous

• I've only run into one or two in the 2+ years I've been on CM. I just leave their groups. It's not worth the irritation.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I do, but just like every other area of life, there are people who think themselves important and need to feel important. I just ignore them and they usually go away.
    Anonymous

• As for posting anonymously, I always post anonymously no matter what the circumstances. When asked why....because I can.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2010