Was this healthy?

I ordered pizza for my girls but since I'm on a diet I can't even smell that yummy pizza right now! So I sauteed some zucchini, yellow squash & onions in some margarine, seasonings and low sodium soy sauce and mixed it with white rice. I went pretty light on the butter & seasonings because although tasty it was still a little bland. So was this healthy or might I just as well have had the pizza?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Not bad. Better than pizza! To make it better yet: olive oil instead of margarine, brown rice instead of white - white basically just turns to sugar in your digestive system, but brown is a whole grain and very good for you, and keeps you fuller longer. Use spices galore, except salt.
    Anonymous

• That was far healthier than the pizza, but don't use margarine. It's like one molecule away from being plastic. Use real butter or use some olive oil. The fat in olive oil is healthier and has good flavor. And use garlic if you want some good flavor. Remember, spices aren't calories.
    Anonymous

• It was healthier than the pizza, but the key is portion size. Meals should be 600 calories or under (generally), which would give you roughly 2 small pieces of pizza or a cup of rice, a cup of milk, and lots of veggies. The only seasoning you really should control is salt. Other than that, go crazy!!
    Anonymous

• u did fine
    Anonymous

• thats fine, you could substitute butter and margarine with olive oil though.....a much healthier substitue and olive oil adds lots of flavor!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Homemade pizza can be very healthy, and a fun family activity! We make organic, whole grain pizza with lots of vegetables!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• switch the margarine with olive oil also stay away from soy sauce yes its low cal but have you ever looked at the sodium content? I also would have used brown rice instead of white.

Dont cut yourself off completely, you could have had one small slice of pizza and made a salad with baby greens and oil and vinegar. Or you can do what i do make pizza at home using flat out bread or a whole wheat crust then load it up with veggies, you dont use a whole lot of sauce. There are healthy options so you dont feel like you cant have things, and allowing yourself small indulgences has been shown to actually improve your odds of successfully eating better and staying on track while losing weight :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I dont deprieve myself of anything...however moderation is the key and teaching yourself healthy eating habits.Unless you plan on cutting pizza out forever.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• No it isn't healthy. I don't understand how you can still feed our kids junk but try to make better of your own diet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRJz0uAV9Y

I also wouldn't put pizza on a pedestal or any other junk foods....it isn't deprivation when you choose not to consume them - the ONLY good thing about them is the way they taste and how long does that last? Not very long. Eat lots of fruits - they are enjoyable and do not leave you feeling rubbish.

I choose not to eat pizza..I don't not allow it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2010