13 months and only 2 teeth.....

The dr has been saying his top teeth are going to pop out any second, for almost 2 months. His top gums are swollen and tender but no signs of them. I am worrying that he is having problems. Right now he is experiencing all the teething symptoms (diarrahea, fussyness, excessive drooling, rash, and refusing food)
Tylenol helps and oragel but I feel bad constantly giving it to him, is there anything else I can do to help them come out??? ----- He wont use a teething ring or anything frozen.

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 5:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can use some homeopathic teething tablets, they are on the expensive side, but they work and they are natural, you can find them at cvs, walmart, walgreen or wherever there's a pharmacy, and they have them where the oragel is. My baby is 15 months old and she didn't get her teeth in until she was 10 months old, and all of the sudden she got 6 teeth in at the same time, and since then she hasn't gotten anymore out. But hope you can find those tablets, they help alot with the symptoms.
    blank1104

Answer by blank1104 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Not really. They'll pop out when they're ready. My son is still working on his last 2 yr molars and has been for a few months now.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My daughter didn't even cut her FIRST tooth until she was 13 months. It's not a big deal.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 6:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Teething tablets are the best ever and they aren't that expensive and they soften the gums helping the teeth pop through, and they make the baby happier and get rid of the anxiety they get.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2010