why would only 1 foot be swollen and not the other?

i am a little over 38 weeks into my pregnancy and my right foot is swollen as ever can be. but thte left one is not. i think its strange that only one foot is swollen. i cant see my ankle bone at all. should i be concerned? i dont want to go to the hospital for nothing, so thats why im asking, thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you think it's something to be concerned over then go, maybe call your dr first? sometimes just one foot will swell bc of where the baby is laying (compressing veins, or you laying differently) try elevating both feet on a pillow.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I had the same problem! I asked my doctor about it. (I think you should to everyone is different) and she said it can be due to a lot of things. The way you were sitting and standing that day. Did you bare more weight the swollen one. Is the baby more on that side today? did you have a past injury to that one? ... If you Blood pressure in normal then I am sure you are fine! Cal and check though. Always ask to be sure.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I agree with PP also drink a gallon of water or more in a day and that will keep the swelling away the best. Just make sure you aren't standing on that leg with more pressure etc, and try massaging it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Call Labor and Delivery and ask them what to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010