my husband is not seem to want me...

he says hes tired after work. its been 2 months since we've been
"together" and even then it seems like his mind is somewhere else. i don't think he's cheating on me i think he's just not attracted to me anymore. i've done things like dress nice, bought a new nighty, and everything else i could think of to turn him on but he just turns me away. what can i do. we've been married for almost 7 years and i can't take much more of this. he says he loves me but the more he says it the less i believe. has anyone gone through this? i don't want a devorce. i just want my life back. is that too much to ask for? i am starting to feel selfish for wanting some attention from him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you tried going away for a romantic weekend? Maybe the stress of the world is just getting to him and he needs to step out of real life and just have fun for a few days??

If that doesn't work...Have you considered couple's counseling?
    Anonymous

• the 7 year itch... its common
    Anonymous

• maybe he's getting ed? or if he's put on a lot of weight that can affect his drive too. if he's a smoker he should stop or talk to a dr. maybe it's not you at all.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I didn't have sex the last 3 years of my marriage. My husband gained a lot of weight and it became pretty much impossible. He probably had diabetes but wouldn't go to the doctor. By the time he went to the doctor years later he was diagonsed with diabetes.

When I started pushing him to do something about his weight of to see a doctor he decided to file for divorce.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you have done everything you can. How sure are you that he isn't cheating?
    Anonymous

• How old is he? He peaked sexually at 19. Women peak at 40. Maybe he's telling the truth and just tired.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• He might just be very stressed out. Try relieving his stress as much as you can - make his life a little easier for a while - and see if that helps.
    Anonymous

• he also could b depressed.if u have talked to him directly about it i dont know what else u can do. try to relieve as much stress as u can and maybe approach him again at a time when u think he may not b so tired. he should b able to give u a better answer after so much time. have u addressed the is there someone else.??? if he still says he loves u maybe he really does have something on his mind. everyone who is the money maker in a relationship seems to b worried and tired these days. could it b hos job or is he worried about loosing it. have u asked him about that? good luck.
    Anonymous

• This was my parents for all I can remember. My mom was gorgeous and my dad just never wanted sex...amazing she had kids. She'd cry and plead with him to do things with her, etc. They divorced after 33 years because she realized she threw all her love into her kids because she wasn't really getting the love and attention she needed and wanted from my dad. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2010