Ear Infection Pain

My 13 month old has an ear infection that's causing a high fever and drainage in his ear, we've been using omnicef (not sure on spelling) but I'm planning on going back to the Drs tomorrow for something else because its getting worse. It seems to be causing a lot of pain, and he's started sticking his finger in there. Does anyone know of something I can do to help alleviate some pain/swelling until we can see the Dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• yes! first off tynol. then take a hot wash cloth any lay it on a towle on a pillow. have the baby lay his ear on it. the heat will ease the pain. worked for me. i had two or more ear infections a year as a child.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 6:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• alternate tylenol and motrin (infant kind of course) every 4 hours. my daughter would never let me baby her too much with stuff unless she is feeling horrible. so i just cuddled with her when she let me.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2010