should an on call matience person have to say around the appartment complex?

im locked inside my appt. with my 6 month old son and the appt. emergency matience person said it would take 40 min for someone to get here its been 4 hours now. what would you do?

olan8809

Asked by olan8809 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• how did you get locked IN? LOL

no, maintenance people don't have to stay near by, sure it's nice if they do, but not required.

if they said 40 minutes and it's been 4 hours, I'd be calling back and asking WTF is up!
    Anonymous

• Call back and log your phone times and their response times so that you can send a complaint to the management company.
    As for staying on property, not all properties have the facilities for on-call maintenance to stay. But if they say 40 minutes, it should not take 4 hrs.
    Anonymous

•   Technically emergency maintenanceis usually not on site, but 4 hrs is a little to long to have to wait though. I would file a complaint with the management company.

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 7:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i know at my appt complex there suppose to be within 10 min away. what if there was a fire? I really hope to god there isnt one but it scares me. My door has been screwed up before and they half a** fixed it and my bf slammed the door and now its jammed
    olan8809

Answer by olan8809 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Locked IN?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Maybe they felt that it wasn't that much of a big deal since you are INSIDE YOUR apartment. I don't understand how this happened what you mean by being locked in??? It's your home can you be more specific?
    Anonymous

• my door
    was jammed and i could get out of my appt.
    olan8809

Answer by olan8809 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I would throw a fit with them let them know how you feel what if there was a fire tell them you want two weeks free rent for making you wait for 4 hours. I'd be pissed
    Anonymous

• i was :(
    olan8809

Answer by olan8809 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2010