Do I just give up?

Ok, my sister and I have had a very strained relationship in the last several years. For a while, we were best friends, she had kids and i was single w/ no kids. I went out of my way to help her in any way I could. Well then i got married, and moved out of state. After that she changed, she didn't seem to respect my marriage at all. Long story short, while my husband was deployed I went ot her house. Her fiancee got drunk and tried to stick his tongue down my throat. I told her about it, she accused me of coming on to her (EWWWW!!!). We stopped talking. I've made several attempts over the last couple years which always end in a fight. The most recent, I contacted her on Myspace. We talked via MS for a while and now she's just not answering my messages. I didn't do anything wrong, but she still treats me like I did. Should I just walk away for good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd write her a long letter, getting everything out. Then walk away, so at least you've said your peace, and offered up exactly what happened and that's all you really can do.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 7:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• If shes not willing to have a relationship there is nothing you can do. It's wasting your energy worry about something thats apparently not as important to her.

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 7:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• yes walk away, at least you tried to talk to her. let her come to you until then just move on with your life.
    Anonymous

• let it go, she'll come back when she's ready to.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i think u r wasting your enery. u tried and for whatever the rerason she is not willing to have a relationship with u. let it go. maybe she will change her mind and decide to contact u someday. if she does be gracious and maybe u can start anew. good luck.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• You can't make someone like, love or want a relationship with you. You can tell her that you love her and you don't know why she won't talk to you... and leave it in her hands. That's the only option I know of.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010