clothes and this prices!

Hey ya'll! Just wondering, how much does your childs typical outfit cost? And where do you find cute stuff for pretty cheap?
...I was shopping for my 3 year old who wears a size 6 today. I COULDNT believe how expensive some places are for kids clothes. Something they grow out of SO fast!
For the longest time I was going to Salvation Army to find clothes. They have 50% off days and its GREAT. I guess I will have to go back to that lol
I just spent $20 on a single pair of jeans! And $14 for this hoodie.

ILoveMuffins62

Asked by ILoveMuffins62 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like doing a lot of my shopping online on sites like ebay or craigslist. I've also gotten free clothes from people on freecycle, in great shape. Other than that we keep an eye out for sales at some of the stores we like to buy from like Old Navy, during season changes they have really good sales and a lot of other stores do too.
    Anonymous

• Kids that age do not need expensive clothing. They outgrow it too fast. Target actually has cute little matching outfits for like 4.00 a piece. If you live near a Carter's, they have great deals all the time.
    Anonymous

• Well, I pay up to 14 bucks for jeans, but I make sure that she is going to be able to wear them for a while. I get them a size bigger, and with the adjustable waist, so she can wear them all year long. As for shirts, I go to old navy and shop clearance, or walmart, target, babies r us,kmart, anywhere that I can find. I dont usually buy an entire outfit because the pants never fit her, even if the shirt does.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I do thrift stores, garage/rummage/church sales and freecycle. Went to a thrift store and found a bunch of socks and a brand new diaper bag for my son for less than $1.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I shop online for clothes. I always search for coupon codes. I usually find them anywhere from 15% to 40% off. I use Craigslist.org too, you can find some decent clothes for decent prices there.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I have a 4 year old son and 4 older children so believe me I KNOW it's hard finding good clothes and prices. My son doesn't really get any hand me downs because his brother is five years older so all of his old clothes went to family and friends. He gets clothes from our friends who's kids have grown out of them and I shop for him at Marshall's, TJ MAXX and other stores like that. They are cheap and good brands. I also love target baby clothes for girls, but the boys clothes aren't as cute. Old Navy and Gap carry cute clothes as well. Crew Cuts by J.Crew is adorable but pricey. I usually won't spend over $10 on a shirt or $20 for bottoms.
    eliza738

Answer by eliza738 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I bought a pair of UGG boots for my little granddaughter for 25 cents! I bought a matching coat for 50 cents! I love thrift stores. We go to another one that has all you can get in a bag for $2.00 and many times it's name brand stuff, no stains no tears. So my grandkids all wear name brand stuff for almost nothing and no one knows we didn't pay retail except me..ok now you know but you get the picture.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• target
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We go to Target or Ross.
    Anonymous

• I shop Gap, Gymboree and specialty boutiques for my girls, too me it is worth spending the extra money because of the quality being so much better.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2010