What do you consider a mansion?

What do you think draws the line between big house and mansion? How many bedrooms, bathrooms? Any special rooms in the house that are needed besides bedrooms,bathrooms,kitchen,living room and dinning room to make a big house become a mansion? What about pools or decks? I am designing new homes, so your input means a lot to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Anything that costs over 200,000.
    Anonymous

• Hahahahahaha to the above poster. My house cost $450,000 and is FAR from a mansion. Anyway, I would say something that's over 7000 sq. ft. and on over 3 acres of land...unless it's in the city and is in a high rise.
    Anonymous

• I would say anything over 9000 sq ft., has separate quarters for hired help or guest house on property. Viewing rooms, ballrooms and/or pools, tennis courts or stables on the property. Lot's of inlaid natural woods and stone. Mulitple fireplaces. At least 2 master suites.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Nicholas Sparks house down the road from where I live.
    http://i3.photoblog.com/photos6/100030-1242580924-0-l.jpg

Anything 10,000 sq foot and over.
    Anonymous

• Anything over 7500 square feet, or something with multiple homes on one estate.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• 2/3 stories, 15 acres, 15 giant bedrooms, requiring multitude of caretakers, giant elaborate drive and entrance.

Like the game Clue: The conservatory, the ballroom, billiards, library, lounge,.... LOL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:55 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• If it has more rooms than you can use or need then it is a mansion.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2010