Stoller base for car seat only, or travel type system?

I'm going to be a first time mom and I am considering getting one of the stroller frames that is just a frame that you put the car seat on. and using that as the stroller for the first 6 months or so. is this a good idea? i figure i will get a lightweight stroller after 6 months that i like, like the joovy cooper or something.

HKittyCrzy

Asked by HKittyCrzy at 8:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. Do that. Those big clunky travel systems are such overkill for the first few months. You can do the Snap n' go (or the Graco equivalent which is what we had) and then even a $25 umbrella stroller after that! Your life is going to be so filled with apparatus... it's nice to have something that doesn't take up too much room. I didn't have a car when my first daughter was little, and I could even break mine down and carry it on the city bus!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• a friend gave me one of those frames and I love it...is very light weight and doesn't take up much room in the vehicle...the only thing that I miss (I have had a travel system in the passed) are the cup holders and it is a little bit hard to get the diaper bag out from under the carseat on the frame ones- there is a small place to put a small diaper bag but you almost have to take the car seat off of it in order to get anything out of the bag or to take the bag out
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 8:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I used a snap and go with my second and LOVED it. It's also nice to have a full size stroller. If you can swing it, I'd get both.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2010