What type of problems did you have AFTER your c-section. That you still have months/years later.

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My scar's crooked, but it was a serious emergency so I'm ok with it. I'm having trouble getting rid of the pooch, my friends say its because of my c-section, but I dont know. Its been 13 months for me.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I still have a horrible stretched baby belly and whenever i get my period, my right side feels like my skin is being stretched. My last c-section was 5 years ago. (ive had 2)
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• None. I had a csection 15 months ago and am planning a second csection for my baby due in July. I had no issues at all - my episiotomy scar from my vaginal births bothers me much more than my incision site from my csection! And I had no problem getting back into shape after my csection - I actually lost the weight much quicker than I did from my vaginal births and had no bigger of a belly after the c than I did after my vaginals.

Answer by missanc at 9:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• None. I got lucky I guess.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• None...that was 22 month ago lost the belly quite fast. Now I'm pregnant and have a huge belly again. Lol
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 10:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I have never had one but my mom had two both emergancy Cs her scare is still very tender. She has abdominal pain all over that she describes as muscle pain like after doing a thousand sit ups. Her first c section was 10 years ago and the second was 8 years ago, she has had plenty of time to heal.
    Anonymous

• I've never had one either but both my mom and sister did so I wanted to share their experiences with you.

My mom had 4 c-sections. 2 were emergencies and 2 were planned because the type of c-section they did back then was not condusive to a VBAC. My mom has NO FEELING on her skin in the area where her first scar is. She has two. The first is the one they used to remove me and my 2 sisters from her womb. The other one is the one they used to remove my brother. They used a different one for him because the scar tissues was so thick it would have made the incision difficult. She has had severe cramping in her absomen since the 3rd c-section which was an emergency at 36 weeks due to severe Pre-Eclampsia. They believe it's because of the way the scar tissues grew.

My sister has serious bladder trouble after hers. She would get sharp, shooting pains and a couple of time she peed herself because she had no control...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• sometimes. She also dropped to the ground in pain for several months after her c-section. Her son is 8 months and she's just now starting to feel normal in that area. Her scar still hurts to the touch and her recovery was awful.

My sister is pregnant again and is planning a VBAC this fall.

I'm not trying to scare anyone. Everyone has different experiences. I'm just telling you the God's honest truth about how my mom and sister were effected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2010