Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm going to go to the ER... what do you think?

My 13 month old had a high fever 104.2 Thurseday night, we called the nurse (our regular Dr's awnsering service) and she said go to the ER. We went and found our son had a "mild" ear infection ... "take omnicef once a day and alternate tylenol and motrin every 3 hrs"

This morning his ear was clogged with solid wax, I romoved it and a few hours later there was more, but not as solid. When I removed that, a little later I noticed more, this time runny.

He's in a lot of pain, ear pulling and when he cries he puts his hand over his face like he's holding it. He's maintained a fever of 100-102 since we first went. He's also not sleeping unless its on top of me.

Ive had enough I don't think I can know hes in that much pain and not do anything all night. I'm thinking of asking for intravenous antibiotics tonight rather than wait for our regular Drs advice tomorrow. Ladies what do you think? What would you do?


Asked by Christina2135 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 7 (166 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Only you know your child, and what you think is to much! If you take him tonight or taking him in the morning they will be able to give him numbing ear drops which can help with the pain. And if the antibiotics havent begun to work they will switch him to another kind. I think as a mother you know what is best for your child, we dont know him so it is hard to make the call!

    Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • If He is in a lot of pain Id go to the ER and get some antibiotics instead of waiting.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • You need to do what will make you feel better.

    Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2010