Can you believe in God AND the Theory of Evolution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course! The two are not mutually exclusive. I believe in Many Gods & Evolution... I don't see any reason why Evolution couldn't have been the tool used by the Gods to create...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• not darwin's theory.. ie the idea that there is no greater being (God) and everything is just mutating and changing to another species on its on scientific accord. i mean if we are all just mass and matter and particles... they dont have emotion.. good and evil create emotion. what influences those things? i believe god and satan do.
    but in that things change to assimilate to their environment (which is PROVEN) yes, you can, and that God has a hand in it all.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Yes, to some degree. Some creatures evolve over time to adapt, but I personally don't believe that human beings evolved from monkeys. I believe in God.
    Anonymous

• Sure, if you also agree that it kind of obsoletes the creation story of the bible.
    Anonymous

• You can believe whatever you want to :-)
    That's why it's called belief.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 8:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• "Yes, to some degree. Some creatures evolve over time to adapt, but I personally don't believe that human beings evolved from monkeys. I believe in God." Ditto!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• sure, belief in god is spiritual and personal......the belief in scientific theory does not negate your personal belief system
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Yes you can, and believing in one does not necessarily contradict the other.
    Anonymous

• Actually, it does contradict, if you believe that the Bible is the word of God and therefore infallible.
    Anonymous

• DARWINIAN EVOLUTIONS was built around science only, there not being a higher power that created things or evolves things... GOD isn't involved in that theory. Therefore if you say DARWIN'S theory is correct AND you say you believe in God, you are contradicting yourself.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2010