any idea how i can get an overtired, teething 4 month old to nap when he just refuses to nap?

liam is so funny. he is so tired, he can't even see straight. he fights it so bad. i'm like, "sleep!". so then i finally think he is sleeping, put him in his crib and he looks up at me with a big smile. ahhh!!!!!!

Asked by LittleLiam at 1:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething Tablets. I have personally never tried them but I've heard from friends that they worked well. They are all natural and you can get them at walmart.

Answer by angel32987 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• yes, teething tab's seem to help and w/o drugs...they also have the same thing for ear pain and also a calming tablet that's supposed to help w/ sleeping...their all natural

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Teething tablets and pain meds.
    The more tired he gets, the less able to sleep. Remember this for later! Lots of parents will tell you to keep your toddler up later to make him extra tired so he'll sleep better. That "trick" backfires for most parents.

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I would sometimes just give a litle bit of motrin [not a full dose] to calm my child and help them sleep better also warm baths with calming baby wash works wonders.