Why is it so hard to make friends outside ones litte established circle?

I can count on 1 hand how many ppl I consider friends. However I'd like to meet more ppl and establish new friendships. I have been living in my little neck of the woods for 4 years now. I have yet to make a friend out here, and all my friends are 2 hours from me. It seems ppl out here are "cliquey", for lack of a better word. There is only 1 high school out here and it seems thats where everyone makes thier friends for life and thats it.

Trying to break into groups that were solidified since high school is not an easy thing.

For someone looking to make new friends where should I turn to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• good question.....I would hit up the local spots......recreation areas, parks, skating rinks, etc. I've moved about once a year since 2002 and for me its easiest to meet people with your kinds of interest.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i know what you mean.. its rough... and seems to get harder as you get older and in small towns unless you are "important"... and even then.. look out!
    I would say i agree with the first poster... but also sometimes you just have to butt in and make yourself known... make an effort for awhile. its when they just never make an effort back that you are kinda screwed.... (and i mean never as in give it a pretty decent amount of time... months even)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2010