Someone tried to sabotage me last week now I feel like I want to be a hermit. Is this normal??

Hi everyone. Someone who was supposedly working with me on project instead attempted to sabotage me on an open forum in regards to a project very near and dear to my heart. I understand on a logic level that it's this persons issue and that they were somehow threatened by me but on a deeper level I seem to be struggling with geting past this. I am having haunting thoughts like maybe they succeeded just a little bit or who know maybe a lot! I am feeling like I can't trust anyone, don't even feel like being around people. Is this normal? Will I get past this? Please anyone who has been through something like this I need your input. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think your reaction is alittle severe. Anytime we have to work w/ people we risk some jerk ripping us off. Sometimes they may even succeed, but remember, the people you work for know what kind of person you are and so do the people who love you. No one else really matters.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Do you have an open management where you can sit with them and talk to them about how you're feeling so they don't see you as "slacking off" or somehow that theres something affecting your performance? I would sit down with my bosses and let them know how I'm feeling....not to tell on the other co-worker but to let them know that because of those kinds of actions I'm feeling disrespected and a little hurt? Just be open....management is there to help you with those kinds of things.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• OMG, YES! I was also attacked in a different situation. I am feeling the exact same way. I am actually going to a therapist tomorrow because I am having so many issues.
    Anonymous

• Me again. Thanks for the responses. I am an artist so it's not exactly a coworker. The person(s) who did this are my contemporaries. In the part of the art world I'm in having the respect of your contemporaries is huge. Let me expound, this person took my interview and then played really dirty so that I could not defend myself and it was done on the net so you can imagine. I guess I'm just horrified.
    Anonymous

• I think it IS sever to have a reaction like this. I do know where you are coming from though. Myself,I have generalized anxiety disorder plus I have had a lot of bad experiences w/ppl. I have isolated myself and I think it's just that process of being back stabbed (that has happened to me sooo many times) that has caused ME to feel the way I do about trusting ppl.
    I am sure you'll get through it. If you struggle then you may want to find a good thearpist to chat with. I have one and it has helped a lot. GL in healing from this experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2010