Do you go out to eat when you don't have enough money to tip?

I saw in another post someone said they leave a tip if they have enough money to. I guess we don't go out if we can't leave a decent tip. What about you?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 9:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope... if we can't afford a decent tip, we don't go out to a place where a tip is needed. If we're cutting it close, we might order less in order to be able to tip. Even when I was in college and perpetually broke, even if I just ordered a coffee and nothing else, I still tipped at least a couple bucks.

I agree with those who said that if I can't afford the tip, I can't afford to be eating out at that kind of place.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• If I don't have enough money to leave a tip, I don't go out to eat.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• No that is straight ghetto!
    Anonymous

• I've never thought about it because if I don't have an extra $2-$10 for a tip I probaby don't have enough to go out to eat in the first place so I don't. Thats when I head to the dollar menu..no tip involved.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I completely agree with MamaChamp! If you don't have the money to tip, then you don't have enough to go out to eat.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• that's why drive thrus were invented
    Anonymous

• I'd never go where I'm expected to tip if I couldn't afford to tip. That's what McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, etc. are for.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• No, I don't eat out if I can't afford to tip. I think it's rude to have someone wait on you and then leave them nothing even though they gave really good service.

Answer by missanc at 9:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• yea why go out to eat if you can afford another even 2-3 dollar tip? you shouldn't be going out to eat then,,, wait until you have the extra tip money.. sheesh,
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• thats just rude and inconsiderate. I'll just pick up food or cook at home. When we go out to eat we have money for our meal, appetizer and deserts if our family wants one....and most of all a good tip!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010