I am only 16. Help

I am only 16 almost 17, and i just found out im pregnant. I cry every night wondering what i'm gonna go through. I haven't told my parents and I am so scared to even say anything. My feeling is like running away. I don't even know how to tell my parents. Im shocked myself. Any advice please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• you need to tell your momma. you may be suprised at how she takes it. but this cant be a secret forever.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• confront your parents asap
    Anonymous

• Take a deep breath. You are scared to tell your parents, but will feel better once you do. I'm guessing that it wasn't your intention to be pregnant, but you are carrying a blessing nevertheless. You have quite a while to adjust to this, about 9 months, so take it one day at a time. I wish you the best. (((Hugs!)))
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Don't run away. First thing, tell your parents. You might be suprised how they react. I was 19 almost 20 when I got pregnant and was scared to tell my parents. They were very supportive. Next, think very carefully and plan about what you want to do. Whatever choice you make, you are going to have to prepare to carry out your decision. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I'm only 17 and went through the same thing as you. It's so tough taking the next step to telling your parents. It's very hard to go through that at our age but there's nothing else you can do. I suggest you shouldn't lie to your parents because that will mess up everything you have with them. I hid my pregnancy about 4 weeks and my father noticed I started getting bigger and bigger each day. Then one day i was taking a bath and my mom walked in and she was pissed but what else could I do? I was already pregnant and didn't believe in abortions. But honey tell them when the time is right and sit with them and talk about it.
    Anonymous

• Parents are usually more understanding and supportive than you give us credit for. We may fuss and nag at you for minor things, but honey, when the going gets tough, we are going to be the first ones to be right there in your corner with you. Sure, we might be shocked at first, it's natural, but we aren't going to love our children any less. We will get over our shock and turn our attention to what is important.
    I say this assuming that neither of them are, and have been physically abusive with you. If that is the case, then I suggest you speak to someone you do feel safe talking with. Be it someone at your church, a close family member, or even the parents of a close friend.
    But do not drag this out and go through this alone. We are all human. Even your parents...
    Good luck sweetie.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I was freaked to tell my mom and I was 20! Don't run away!!!!!!! When you tell them know that there first reaction might not be right on with what they really feel. You have to give them time to adjust to what is going on also.

RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• tell your parents......they're not going to hurt you....they may be upset, but they will help you. You need their help and guidance right now!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I was 15 when I found out that I was pregnant w/ my daughter. I waited almost 3 months to tell my mum... She was supportive, which is NOT what I expected. Step 1) tell your mum 2) make a dr's apt
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• So before you and your boyfriend started having sex, how did you decide to handle an unplanned pregnancy? Present your parents with your plan.

For the record, if you were my child, you would be off for STD testing and an abortion.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2010