Does anyone else find the story of Noah disturbing?

Every time I hear it mentioned, God's promise, Noah being chosen, and so many animals surviving is always mentioned.

What about the countless number of men, women, children, and babes who were drowned in the flood because God deemed them as wicked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Coming from a Christian.....I don't find it disturbing reading in the Bible. But I would if it were to happen today. Its nothing different than a mass natural disaster that wipes out billions of people. I won't claim to agree with or understand the things God does in and around the world...but I will trust Him.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• never thought about it, i've always related to Noah and his family
    Anonymous

• Eh, you have to take it with a grain of salt, just like many other ancient stories which have likely been exaggerated over time.
    Anonymous

• The Earth was baptized by water in Noah's time. Next the Earth will be baptized by fire. When will that happen?
    Anonymous

• I don't necessarily find it disturbing that the flood happened, I find it disturbing that people were so wicked that it NEEDED to happen.

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Gee, makes you wonder, doesn't it? And all this talking about loving and forgiving god, goes down the drain too, if you ask me.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 11:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• What disturbed me was not them being killed in the flood but that they became so evil and wicked that God had to wipe most of them out. He couldnt even look upon the earth it was SOOOOOO wicked, like it is now, once again and this time will not be by water but by fire .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• News Flash--- People die. And not everyone gets to die in their sleep peacefully, nor do they get to choose the method in which they die. It's all a choice ya know? You choose God, death doesn't seem so bad. If you find the story disturbing, it's because you choose to do so. Life is what you make it, not someone else's interpretation

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't necessarily find it disturbing that the flood happened, I find it disturbing that people were so wicked that it NEEDED to happen.

Yeah, good thing all those wicked infants were taken care of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Yes Ive thought of this before. There is more to the story according to the bible. Those people were warned by Noah (2 Peter 2:5 and Matt 24:38, 39) and they did not listen to him and God. The parents did not listen and basically put their own children in the grave.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2010