What is a good job for a SAHM that isn't necessarily AT HOME?

I am trying to build a portfolio right now of my cakes (I decorate) but I would like to bring in some extra money. What can I do that will pay maybe at least $9 where I can take my son with me at least MOST of the time? My husband wants me to be a SAHM (I want to be, too) but I would like something productive to do between cakes :)

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• You wouldn't be a stay at home mom if you worked outside of the home.lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I sell Avon, have for 27 years. It helps pay the bills. I would put the children in the car and run my deliveries. Today we also offer a website you can sell online. It is a 20.00 start up cost. I would love to have you on my team. If you want more info, please message me or visit my profile.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• The only qualm I have about things like Avon or Mary Kay or Pampered Chef is that it seems to have been a fad anymore and the only reason people do a show or anything is just to be nice. Soooo I am not to into that idea b/c I think I would spend more time than was worth the money on it, ya know?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I think it sounds like youre trying to have the best of both jobs SAHM & working mom. The only job I can think of is a daycare where they allow you to bring your own child for free. Or consider taking in a child yourself. But for safety and service reasons most jobs aren't going to let you bring your child to work. Or maybe promote your cake business more aggresively?

You and your husband have to understand that if you truly desire to be a SAHM, a major second income is the sacrifice. Decide which one is more important at this time.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I'm not looking for a MAJOR second income right now, but an extra couple hundred a month would be nice.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Check out my Blog, I have some great ideas!

Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Maybe offer your services such as house cleaning, errand running, grocery shopping, etc. I am in the process of starting my own errand services. You can take your child with you to do the errands. Here is a website that offers ideas for different types of services and the price list. (you may have to change this for your area) http://www.theerrandgirl.com/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• It is possible to stay home and make money. To be able to start your very own home business for less than $30 is worth taking a look. I stay home with my 4 kids ages 6 and under. I've teamed up with a wellness company. They've been in business for over 25 years and they've been helping families escape the financial rat race. If you feel you have between 5 and 15 hours a week to work a business, then you can make money. It's tough raising a family in this day and age. I was tired of scraping by; I was tired of saying "no" to everything. Now I don't have to. I'm not saying I make millions but I do earn a decent amount. If you are serious then please check out my website www.familiesrok.yolasite.com. I'll call you and we can set up an appointment.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 11:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• You're going to be flooded with answers. lol

Never , NEVER pay for a job.

Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I work at home selling Tupperware and I make and extra $100 to $200 PER WEEK!! You can do home demo's and bring your son as long as the host is ok with that. I do occasionally bring my daughter with me. I LOVE doing parties during the day while the kids are at school. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca let me know if ou have any questions. I hope you will consider this opportunity it's changed my life. Good Luck on your search. FYI I also LOVE decorating cakes it's SO FUN!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2010