Need some help with a toddler

My niece is two years old and now when it comes to bath time she does not want her hair washed. My sister thinks the cause of her not wanting her hair washed is because water runs down her face. She tries pushing her head back or leaning her but she won't budge.... Any suggestions.......

Trice2529

Asked by Trice2529 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have her lay down in the tub. or take showers.
    Anonymous

• I know they sell this pitcher....(I believe I saw it at target for 2 or 3 bucks) But it is rubber at the one side to seal to the forehead so the water doesn't run down there faces. it worked great on my Niece...but my daughter wont sit still long enough so it gets in her face anyway... but i usually have them lay down and try to be as careful as I can.

RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Get a mirror - have her lay down in the tub and then hold the mirror up so she can see her hair all fanned out "like a mermaid" That's what worked with my daughter anyway - that and letting her use the shampoo to make funny hairdo's and look in the mirror at herself. Then had her lay back down "like a mermaid" and used a cup of water (very careful not to get it in her eyes) to wash out the top/front.

Answer by missanc at 9:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• all my kids pretend to be mermaids for hair washing, also a pair of swimming googles might help
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My son loves his bath but hates the water on his face. He is 18 months and won't lean back for the rinsing. I use a wash cloth. I dunk it in the water and then wring it out on his head and am careful not to let the water run down his face. He moves a lot so it still does occasionally so I have a towel handy and when it goes on his face I say "Towel!" and wipe his face. He is the one who calls for the towel now! I wash his hair and he goes "Towel towel!" so he can dry his face.

For a while I would just wait until the end of bath to wash his hair. Then I'd wrap him up in a towel and lay him across my lap with his head over the edge of the tub. I'd hold him and wash his hair. He still screamed and hated it, but I was able to get it done quickly and minimize his screaming.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• How long is your sister's countertop? My mom had a vanity long enough to lay a child on, so she would lay us there and wash our hair in the sink after a bath.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2010