Answer this question why are some women saying that Essure is not getting your tubes tied? It suppose to be a safer way than the traditional way. I want to really know what is the difference. Either way no more kids well at least that the whole purpose of both.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 9:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Health

• It's not tying the tubes. Essure scars the tubes over gradually over time,so the egg can't get through. They used to actually tie the tubes. I had a bilateral tubal ligation done where they snip and cauterize them. There is a difference.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• right.... what Steff107 said! I had the Essure... it was quick and done in the Doc's office. They insert a coil into the tube and over 3 months time it creates scar tissue. I had it over a year ago and it's been great. feel free to PM me if you have specific questions and I'll help if I can!! ;o)

Here's thier website: http://www.essure.com/

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• With Essure they put a coil into the fallopian tube and allow scar tissue to build up blocking the tube. After 3 months you get a confirmation test done to make sure it worked. Sometimes it doesn't take at 3 months so you have to get another test done at 6 months. There is no chance of self reversal and no interruption of blood flow since scar tissue build up is a natural process.

With a tubal ligation they usually cut and cauterize the tubes. This interrupts the blood flow which causes some women to develop PTLS. And since this is unnatural your body will sometimes grow the tubes back together and you would never know. This is why women who had a tubal ligation years ago find themselves pregnant again.

So to me there is a HUGE difference. This is why I choose Essure. Plus it can be done in office if the doctor is properly trained.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Please be aware though (if you havent chosen yet) that just like the TUBAL the ESSURE has MAJOR risks too. I was in horrible pain for 2months b4 we finally removed the tube that had become problematic. Turns out that it had tried to uncoil itself inside my tube and made the tube swell, and my tube was on the verge of bursting...ontop of that the coil had protruded through the tube on the same side and was just shy of puncturing my uterus which could have lead to a full on hysto instead of just the tube removal. The other side is fine (as far as we know), but my cramps each month are horrible on that side. You are required to take birth control for at least another 3 months after the procedure, and it may or may not take in 3 months (plus you are still on pelvic rest just like w/ the tubal for 4wks). If you want immediate results go w/ the tubal. I was up from my tube removal w/in 3 days.
    CorbinsMomma

Answer by CorbinsMomma at 10:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2010