still not much of an appetite at 18 weeks :/

With my first pregnancy I could eat anything under the sun (with the exception of mac n cheese and fried rice) I could eat big meals, small meals, snacks etc. With my current pregnancy (18weeks along) I drink a Boost Nutritional Drink in the morning for breakfast because I can't handle solid food in the morning.. not until after the morning nap! Lunch I can eat half a sandwich (on 12 grain bread) I eat dinner but not as much as I used to.. maybe half a plate? I snack on small stuff like grapefruit or a fruitsnack at night. I've only gained a couple pounds if that. I'm trying not to worry because I'm taking a prenatal and eating healthy foods.. but I'm just not that hungry! I still get some morning sickness, not sure if that is normal or not... Any suggestions?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 9:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you're doing fine. I'm 20 weeks and have lost a pound since getting pregnant, and I'm not that big to begin with. But I haven't been able to keep food down much at all. As long as you are taking your prenatal, and eating healthy then you're doing everything right. Your dr will let you know if you aren't gaining enough, but it's not near time to worry about that yet - baby is still very small!

Answer by missanc at 11:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• You're doing fine! With my 2nd pregnancy, I didn't start getting my appetite back until 18 weeks or so, and it still took a few more weeks for me to really get back to eating normally. I didn't show a weight gain until 20 weeks. Just eat what you can when you can, and if something sounds good, eat it. Also make sure you're staying hydrated! Good luck!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I am 18 weeks and don't eat as much as I did b4 pregnant... I am finally starting to eat a little more but i have only gained 3 lbs and with my first i ate EVERYTHING AND AS MUCH AS I COULD..lol not with this one
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 11:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2010