i just broke up with my SO....vent

We have a 2 yo and have been together for 3 yrs. I love him and he loves me but he has this huge ego and I can't deal with it anymore. He can point out my every flaw but he can't see his own. It makes me feel like I'm not good enough or I'm always the problem. He puts work before the things that I want to do for myself as in finish school. Its like he doesn't want me to do anything with myself other than be a SAHM. His ego gets in the way a lot. He is sooooo good but he starts saying things and that's when it all goes down hill, sticks his foot in his mouth. He threatened to break up with me while he was on his ego trip. And after some thought I decided its over. I love him but I can't deal with always feeling like I'm thr problem therefore not good enough. I want him to finally appreciate me for what I do as his SO, mother to his child, a f/t student and a SAHM! Maybe he'll appreciate me, if he doesn't he wasn't for me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• you go! it sounds like emotional type of abuse more than just his ego. sometimes men get away with abuse under the guise of "being macho" or "being egotistical". it doesn't change what it is!
    however, my mom separated from my dad out of state for 2 years before they got back together (they never dated anyone else or anything) and he said it was the best thing she could have done.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We are in the same boat...saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame boat.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• It is better to go to school when you babies is also going to school. That is a lot less stressful.

I also agree with above it might be emotional abuse. Good thing you broke up.

Good luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• OP HERE

LogansMama09 did u just break up with him too? Would you like to share? I have never felt more empowered in my life when I told him its over. He always has control of everything, work and home. I took it away by breaking it off. I can't date him and his ego. There's no room for it here.
    Anonymous

• Look up the word Narcissist and see if his picture is there? There are books that help you deal with a Narcissist. It's not easy. They are self centered and think the world revolves around them and nothing else matters but you can make it work.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Wow we are kind of in the same boat. Been with so for 3 yrs and. have a 2 yr old and i cant stand him anymore.... i dont even like bein in the same room but financially i cant do it alone.
    xxsthrnswthrtxx

Answer by xxsthrnswthrtxx at 12:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2010