Do you really believe that a 20+ year old man could not know he was sleeping with a 14 year old girl?

This is from another question. Do you really think a 20 something man could be fooled to believe that a 14 year old was of legal age? Do you think he should still be considered a sex offender if he has sex with her, even if she told him she was of legal age?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 10:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah and she picks the only one who agreed with her as best answer to close out. I thought that was funny too. I though ti crazy for her to expect us to all just be okay with it and give her pointers on how to be there for her sex offender boyfriend.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• He knew what he was doing. I can't believe that, that woman thinks that the 14 year old should be in jail instead of her SO. I thought I had heard/seen in all on cafemom. I guess I was wrong.
    Anonymous

• I know, she's making excuses for him. I thought she was either really brave or really stupid sharing all she did and not posting anon.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I posted in that question, too. It is REALLLLLY sketchy if you ask me. I mean... I think even an "older looking" 14 year old wouldn't look 18. But, I guess it COULD happen. It IS possible. However, even if that girl was a total whore at 14, he will probably still be charged, even if it is minimum sentencing. Unfortunately, if it was a real and true mistake, the charge is likely, and it sucks more if she knew what she was doing and being a real hell-raiser etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I believe that he could be convinced that she was older than she was, but I really doubt that he could be convinced that she was over 18. I think it's usually more a case of the guy WANTS to be convinced, because he wants to sleep with her, and this is how he justifies it.

Now, I do know that there are some cases though where the man has been duped. A friend of mine knows a guy who is a registered sex offender who should NOT be. When he was 20 ( I think he was, I can't remember exactly how old he was) he met a girl. He met her in a club. She said she was 18. She had her own apartment, her own car, a job, etc. They started dating, and dated for several months. When her lease was up on her place they moved in together. It wasn't until later that he found out she was a 16 yr old runaway. Her parents had found her, and they pressed charges.

In that case, I think it was her fault. But at 14, I really doubt it.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• ya.. no WAY id let my child be near a man like that nope.. and her to be a mother its a disgrace to think she can be ok with it
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Have you ladies been to a highschool classroom lately? Yes alot of these teenagers look over the legal age and yes a man can be fooled. Is this an excuse? No I don't believe it is. If my son decides to be sexually active I'll be teaching him to check ID's, lol. I also believe a young girl who lies and ruins a mans life because of her lie, should not just get away with it to do it to another man.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Well, I do believe that a man could be fooled. When I was 14 I looked 20, no joke, all the women in my family did. I would have to meet the man and see the girl, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• 14 is very young. She still would have a baby face even with a lot of make up. She might of had big boobs?

I had friends that where 13-14 and they had very large boobs and young men did not care that they where under age, they went after them very hard.

I think he knew and just got caught.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Can you say TROLL? Look at the profile. It was just started. There ain't no way someone would be that stupid to ask a question such as that....
    Anonymous