My 13 month has an ear infection abd would please Love some advice :)

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your question is rather vague. Has he been taken to the Dr. already? I am assuming, so I would just keep with the antibiotic and ear drops. Give him Tylenol alternate with Ibuprofen. If it's really bothering him, you could stick a towel in the dryer, heat it a little and let him lie with his ear pressed to the towel.
    Anonymous

• And *
    Anonymous

• The warm towel idea is excellent - he is a little young to use a hot water bottle without worrying that it might be too hot.
    In the Health section of questions, there is a question "Sick and Getting Worse. What Can I do?" I wrote up for or five answers for that mom, and I encourage you to look over those suggestions ... they really work.

Use these ideas to support your child's strength as he clears out the infection. If you can avoid going down the spiral of antibiotic cycles, you will do your child's future health a BIG favor !

Good Luck !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2010