Ear infection question (adult)

What do you do for ear infections in yourself? (I have had so many doses of antibiotics in my life, don't want more!) I want to be able to take antibiotics when they are needed for lifesaving reasons, but an ear infection isn't one of them. So what can I do for symptoms? Sorry to the mommy who has a baby with ear infections...not trying to hijack your post.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Health

• Garlic clove is not crazy. Garlic has natural antibiotic & antiviral properties. I don't know if I would be comfortable sleeping with a clove in my ear though.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• In the "Sick and Getting Worse, What Should I Do?" question, I put four or five answers detailing how to care for oneself with an earache.
    Those ideas are tried and true remedies, and I encourage you to read them and see what appeals to you.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Similasan Earache Relief drops.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I watched dr. oz the other day and he said to put a small piece of garlic clove in your ear before you go to bed and take it out in the morning the infection should be gone. Sounds crazy i know but he said it works. Make sure its big enough that you can get it out and place a bandaid over your ear so it doesnt fall out while you are sleeping.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2010