In your opinion, how long is too long to......

Let an infant 3-6 months cry, if they've been fed, changed, burped, cuddled, and they're still fussy?

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 11:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• CIO advocates say no CIO before six to nine months, depenidng on which one you read. So for this age period, ANY amount of time is too long unless it's one of those moments when you're going to the bathroom or something like that where you absolutely CANNOT deal with the baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• ehh. 3 -6 months? i'm a sucker when it comes to my kids...i'd say 15 - 30 minutes. my opinion though. my daughter is now 16 months and she can cry herself to sleep. she's old enough to know better. a lot of people say it doesn't matter there age as long as what you've listed upon has been dealt with.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 11:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• at that age i never let them cry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• like 5 minutes tops,as a mom your made perfect to comfort them,i never could let my boo boo cry he was so cute :) but thats just me,i never has that kinda mind set where i thought he was trying to control me,they are babies im so sure.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• yeah i agree 5 minutes. They're really needy at this age so even if it's exhausting sometimes they really do just need body contact.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I tried a couple times to let my daughter cry for 5 minutes or so when she was that age and I could never do it. Just felt too guilty. If I was doing something that HAD to be done then I would let her cry but no more than like 5 minutes. She's 16 months now and has trouble getting to sleep on her own sometimes but she just cries a couple minutes then falls to sleep. I think it's just something she kind of eventually figured out on her own. I also go her one of those seahorse glow worm stuffed animals that lights up and plays soft music. That has worked wonders.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 2:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• the longest I've ever let my daughter cry it out is about 25 minutes...if she's not going to sleep by then, something else is usually wrong..
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 2:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2010