Are Phaltzgraff stoneware dishes oven safe?

I just got a set of really nice midnight blue stoneware dishes made by Phaltzgraff. I know they're dishwasher and microwave safe (of which I have neither) but are they oven safe? - for when hubby works late, I can pop his dinner into the oven for a few minutes

Asked by dovetailthreads at 1:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• i have some too...i really think they pretty sure they are at low temps atleast (like you would use to warm up stuff)...try and check the website

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Check the info sheet they give you when you open the box. I have that brand also. I am not sure if I like them though. They chip very easily. or maybe it was just the two plates that chipped.... they were bad ones. But I have two more boxes down stairs in basement that have not been opened foir this very reason. We got them as a wedding gift. We got married in 2005 so they last long.

Answer by AmberRose79 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• If they came in the original box, I wouldn't be asking here. They were used and at least 15 years old.

Answer by dovetailthreads at 1:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2008