Are Phaltzgraff stoneware dishes oven safe?

I just got a set of really nice midnight blue stoneware dishes made by Phaltzgraff. I know they're dishwasher and microwave safe (of which I have neither) but are they oven safe? - for when hubby works late, I can pop his dinner into the oven for a few minutes

dovetailthreads

Asked by dovetailthreads at 1:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• i have some too...i really think they are...im pretty sure they are at low temps atleast (like you would use to warm up stuff)...try and check the website
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Check the info sheet they give you when you open the box. I have that brand also. I am not sure if I like them though. They chip very easily. or maybe it was just the two plates that chipped.... they were bad ones. But I have two more boxes down stairs in basement that have not been opened foir this very reason. We got them as a wedding gift. We got married in 2005 so they last long.
    AmberRose79

Answer by AmberRose79 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• If they came in the original box, I wouldn't be asking here. They were used and at least 15 years old.
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 1:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2008