Paint colors

We are really struggling with finding paint colors for 5 rooms in our house. Part of the problem is that we both like styles that are opposite of each other. For example, we both love the "pottery barn look" with neutrals and just splashes of color and we both love bold, warm colors as well. Ugh....I'm just over thinking this, I know.
How do you pick paint colors for your house?

indymom22

Asked by indymom22 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• IF YOU CAN FIND OUT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THE LAST TIME I TRIED TO PICK WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE PERFECT,WAS SO PRETTY AT THE STORE, AND WHEN WE PUT IT ON OUR WALLS, I ALMOST CRIED. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Deborah111

Answer by Deborah111 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

•  I use the Sherman Williams web site. You can take pictures of the rooms you want to paint and upload them to the color visualization section. You'll be able to play around with colors and get an idea of what it will look like before you paint.

As for you both liking different styles. Why don't each of you take 2 rooms and do them in the nuetrals with splashes of color and 2 rooms in bold colors. In the 5th room, maybe a balance of both to bring it all together.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Why don't you take one wall and put your bold color on that and go neutral with the other 3 walls? Go neutral with your furniture, but bold on the cushions.
    You can mix the two styles easily. You put make your accents bold. Find the focal wall of the room and make it the bold color. Have fun with it!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Go to target together and fill up your basket with anything that you like, and not necessarily from the house section. Wait...dont buy! Just look at the colors and let it inspire you. Then go pick out some chips at the hardware store, bring them back to Target and match. I know its alot of work but worth it.

Are there accessories/collections already around your house that you love? Let those be your colors.

My house is similare to Pottery barn. I love coffe with cream, toffee candy, and honey. Guess what the color of my walls are? lol Coffe with cream.....beautiful. I found my inspiration through food! lol Have fun...I love to decorate.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• well if you guys like pottery barn style look for rooms you like in their catalogue and then take that pic to the paint store and try to match it that way
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010