Splinter?

My 14 month old has a splinter in his toe right by his big toe and won't let me try to get it out. I tried to pin him down and do it, but it really upset him. Is there any way I can get it out with out tweezers?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try again when he is fast asleep if not tire him out so much so he will be too sleepy to wake up bc if you don't take it out soon it could get infected or go to the doctor. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Honestly, I just let my son get upset. I know that sounds awful and it is horrible when they scream and cry, but I would set him on my lap, wrap my legs around him and pick that toe up and just pluck out the splinter- bandaids will lead to forgiveness in time. :-) Good luck mama!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• you can try putting a thick layer of elmers glue on it, letting it dry completely, then peeling it off.

or the while sleeping method works well.

If all else fails, spray the whole area with bactine, splinter and all and wait for his body to work the splinter out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2010