Breast-feeders are Cow's milk haters?

I really don't understand some of the harsh comments about Cow's milk by breast-feeders. Do you not eat any dairy? If you eat dairy products, your baby gets dairy products. If you say," cow's milk is for cow babies", then do you eat meat?
Why hate on cow's milk if you eat dairy products? Why even bring up that humans should not consume animal secretions when we consume animals?
Strange? The only way this makes sense is if you're a vegan.

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the logic is that most formula is (or was) based on cow's milk. You'd never put just milk in a baby's bottle because it's not good for babies.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Its not that kids cant have cows milk its just that that does not have the nutrients that a infant needs. Breast feeding is a good thing. But it is no better then formula fed babies. But regular milk should not be given untill after your child is 1 year old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i think people just wanna scream im a BETTER MOM! cause they breast fed,but little do they know that some people did try and couldnt,i think the bigger problem here is the IM BETTER attitude or the IM MORE CARING. the breast and formula isnt the issue really if you think about it ,my son got both and he is super smart,was that the formula or the breast milk? breast feeding and formula fed babies both have good moms.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• The only way this makes sense is if you are a vegan.
    ~

Thats what I thought. Sometimes its not about the milk, its about woman wanting to scrutinize.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I breastfed. We do not eat meat, nor do we consume dairy (unless it is a cheese treat- about once a month)... Cows milk IS for baby cows. It is that simple.
    It has nothing to do with what is 'Right', but with what is healthy. Humans have no business consuming milk that is not species specific.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't care what people feed their kids...I can only control what my kids eat. They were both formula fed and now drink cows milk. They are as healthy as can be!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• "Humans have no business consuming milk that is not species specific. "

This phrase reminds me of the Bentley Little horror novel The Vanishing. In that book, a man harvested milk from women in basically the same way we do from cows. Then he passed it off it as "organic milk", using that exact same argument! Since reading that book, I cannot read arguments like that without thinking the person is crazy... sorry.

I like the taste of cow's milk. My kids enjoy milk and cheese. But those things are only a small part of our diet. Of course, babies need more nutrients, and breast milk is best. But I sure as heck won't tell others what they should and should not eat. My kids were bf'd, but also had some formula. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them, and they are just as healthy as any other child.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I breast fed and I have dairy farmers in my family. And cattle (meat) farmers too. I am omnivorous. I can't imagine not giving my half grown kids a glass of milk with dinner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2010