5 yr olds and rough housing on the playground

my son is 5 and never gets rough housed by anybody, therefor does not understand that the boys are just playing when they are wanting to rough house.
I work as an aide at his school and have been on the playground. The boys will grab my son, with goofy grins and aren't hurting him but they want him to get "rowdy" For the lack of a better word.
I don't see that any harm is being done other then my son freaks out, he thinks he's being tormented an he isn't, it's boys and that's how they play. He does not understand..I don't know I just don't want a wussy kid.
I do watch the kids and if it gets out of hand or rough I will pull the boys apart and explain to not get so rough.
When I'm not working the other aides aren't watching they are their to socialize, so the boys do get a chance to get carried away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• If your husband won't do it, then maybe you need to. Someone has to show him how.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• op here....What I mean by my son doesn't get rough housed I mean his dad doesn't rough house and neither do I..I think it's a mans job to rough house and teach his son to be a boy...my husband is too lazy for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010