Help Needs Answers is this labor?!?!?!?!

ok so im 39 weeks and im trying to go into labor to have my son..on the 24th my doctor stripped my membrains and ever since i have been walking like crazy, eating spicy food and today i did the castrol oil thing..well that was about 6 hours ago and now for the last hour i have been feeling really uncomfortable..im not sure if it is contractions or just cramps but my stomach gets really hard and then i have the crampy feeling that is making me want to cry and the only reason i think its contractions is because now for the past 45 minutes they have been coming like 4 to 5 minutes apart PLUS sorry for the TMI but i tried to poo and i couldnt every time i pushed the crampy feeling got worse...i dont have any bloody show or anything but i did loose my mucus plug day before yesterday..

i know this was really long but does anyone have any suggestions...should i go into the hospital or just wait it out...

MomOfTwo2010

Asked by MomOfTwo2010 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like labor to me when i had my son my dr told me that when i was getting close i would feel like i had to go number 2 i would call my dr or go to the hospital! Good luck and congrats
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• castor oil can cause cramping. odds are I'd say no it's not. Just a side affect of the castor oil. If you think it is you should go to the hospital.
    No matter what you try NOTHING can make you go in labor. Your body has to be ready for it. Even medical induction wont work unless your body is ready. Good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I really don't know, but I just wanted to say congrats and good luck! :-)
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 12:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It's most likely that Castor Oil (at least I'm HOPING that's what you took and not the MOTOR OIL you refered to in you post). Castor oil causes the bowls to cramp and causes diareah which then dehydrates the mother. The combination of dehydration and contracting bowls is what MAY cause the uterus to contract.

This is actually EXTREMELY dangerous and NOT recommended by health care professionals because not only can it cause severe dehydration in the mother, it can also cause the baby to release meconium which can be deadly if not taken care of in a timely manner.

PLEASE do NOT do this again and IF you are in labor notify the nurse and doctor that you have done this AS SOON AS YOU ARIVE so they can hydrate you and check for signs of meconium.

Did you even research this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• If you are 39 weeks then it could be another 3, 4, 5 weeks before it's Time... or it could happen tonight.

Work on taking good care of yourself~ be sure to drink a LOT of water right now, and eat well.
    Rest up!

Good luck!! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• oh yikes, yah, she did type Castrol!

:-o
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i agree with the others that it could be early labor, or bad side effects from castor oil. and i agree that it could be a few more weeks. "trying" to have your baby will not make labor start. it's best to just wait until it happens naturally so you don't have to go through all of this stress. and then you can be sure your baby is ready. gl!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• yeah i know i put the wrong kind of oil but trust me im NOT that dumb to drink MOTOR oil...

anyways yeah i did research it and woman have been doing it for years and my doctor was the one who told me about it so yeah...

But thanks to the people who left NICE comments lol and it did work i went in right after i posted this and found out i was already at 5 cm and my son was born a few hours later :)

i will def try this again if i have another baby :)
    MomOfTwo2010

Answer by MomOfTwo2010 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2010