Did you realize cows DON'T produce vitamin D and calcium?

They get it from the grass they eat. Which means we could get it from greens! Oh, wait, correction, dairy cows don't eat grass, they have their calcium and vitamin D supplemented so it will come out in their milk so the dairy industry can tell us we need cow's milk to be strong. Um, why can't we just eat greens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Milk is seriously disgusting. Unless you are a baby cow, there is simply no reason for a human being to drink the milk of another species. Eat a proper diet and take your vitamin supplements. And Vitamin D is not even a vitamin - it's a hormone. And you can get all you need of it by spending a little time in the sunshine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Did you realize that breast-milk doesn't naturally produce vitamins either? It comes from what the mother eats. Imagine that... :)

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• LOL, All the DAIRY cows I have seen ate grass.
    LOL Legalmommy.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't want to eat grass... thanks for the info though LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Can't you just imagine going to the store and picking up your favorite chocolate candy bar and it's now made with soy bean? How about a soy mocha? Soy mac n cheese? I love my edamame, don't get me wrong but I love my dairy products too!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• OP here: check it out. Most dairy cows don't eat grass. Even if they did, it costs a lot more to raise cows than to raise greens for us to eat. I'm not suggesting we necessarily cut out dairy (more power to those who do!), rather I'm asking why they try to convince us we can't live without it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• legalmommy - I like soy too Have you looked into it? It has estrogen in it! just think about males eating it! There is a reason why the Asian stereotype is "small penises" too much soy and males will get gynocymastia (sp?)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I actually do live without milk. Can't drink it. Can eat cheese and other processed forms though. But actually drinking it really upsets my stomach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• LOL I eat greens I eat lots of them but dont touch my dairy! I love my dairy. You can also get Vitamin D by spending time out doors :) Imagine that I can tend my garden of greens, while soaking up some vitamin D and having a nice nummy fruit smoothie made with milk :) It is like a Vitamin D Overload!

Ewwww Legalmommy lol I like soy but that is over kill LOL
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• ROFLOL @ anon 01, That makes me so glad my DH says Soy is nasty, he wont even touch vanilla soy milk when i buy it lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2010