Is it true that i should wrap my son's belly button with something to keep it from becoming an outie?

he's 2 1/2 wks old and thats just what i've heard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL No.
    If it is an outie then it is one. My sister had an outie til she was 12.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• NO! LOL

innie or outie has to do with how close they clamp it after cutting it. a belly button is scar tissue. the more that was left, the more the scar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• What is the big deal, his little body will grow and develop as time goes on. He will probably just pull it off anyway.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Oh my god! Is this what our culture has been reduced to? Vanity over our children's belly button? If it's an outie than that's what it is. Accept it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• No - I never wrapped my kids belly button with anything and they all have innie's. A lot of babies look like they may have outies when they are really little, but they change as children grow.

Answer by missanc at 10:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2010