nightly sore throats

i get awful sore throats every night...i never had them b4 i was pregnant. i don't have strep, i don't have tonsillitis. my throat is just burned up from all the vomiting i did in my first and second tri(a few times a day), b4 that i hadn't thrown up in over 10 years so my throat wasn't used to it. anyway i need some home remedies to sooth my sore throats besides cough drops and honey which don't help...no suggesting the doctor, already tried that...just remedies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Health

• Gargle with warm salt water before bed. And look into sinus issues. You may be having night time drainage. Oh and take a steamy shower or use a vaporizer and look into the symptoms of Sjogrens
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Mix equal parts honey (anti-bacterial and soothing) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory).

You may also be a little dehydrated; make sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Take a teaspoon of honey before bed & use a humidifier in your room.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• We have a gas furnace and I was getting sore throats every morning until I put a bowl of water in front of the vent. problem solved :-) I didn't have the $ to buy a humidifier.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 11:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Try a humidifier in your room at night.... you can get s cheep one at Walmart for about $10. It could be that the air is dry and you are probably snoring b/c of changes in your body caused by pregnancy weight.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2010