Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name change after marriage?

After you get married, do you have to do anything special to change your last name?
I'm looking at the Social Security office in Southern Nevada and I cant find anything on it..?


Asked by SpiritedTigress at 2:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Relationships

Level 6 (150 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • OH man LOL I changed my name in Vegas NO you don't have to apply for it. Just take your wedding certificate (the real one not the souvenir one) and your old card and ID in and they will change it right then and there. Now for your ID you need your wedding certificate, Birth certificate, old ID and social security card. The DMV is a bunch of butt holes but the SS office is pretty easy we were in and out in 10 mins.


    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • you have to go to the courthouse and apply to...they won't deny your application

    Answer by aliishott2 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • In PA I just filled out some paperwork that came with the wedding license and turned it in to the social security office. Got my new card in a few weeks. Then I had to change my name on the driver's license and bank accounts which was just paper work.

    Answer by purpleducky at 8:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • social security office - I had to have my marriage certificate, my old SS card, and my birth certificate.

    Answer by missanc at 10:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2010